37. Starkey Mini Pilot SAG Mill – Patent Announcement August 10 2020. Designed by John Starkey. Patent Application, June 11, 2020, Announcement, August 10, 2020, Posted to LinkedIn August 12, 2020.
36. PRE-CRUSHING OF SAG FEED: FRIEND OR FOE. By John Starkey, Spencer Reeves and Arkady Senchenko. Presented at SAG Conference 2019 in Vancouver, Canada, September 2019.
35. SAG and Ball Mill Effects From Ore Sorting System Implementation. By J. Starkey, B. Hilscher, S. Reeves and J. Hedderson. Proceedings of the CMP Conference, Ottawa, January 2019.
34. Sustainable Comminution: Giving Mining Clients What They Need, Expect and Deserve. By John Starkey. Abstract in the Proceedings of the CMP Conference, Ottawa, January 2018. CIM Award – Distinguished Lecturer Series.
33. DELIVERING PROCESS DESIGN VALUE TO MINING CLIENTS by John Starkey. Presented at SIPS 2016 in Sanya, Hainan Island, China, November 2016.
32. A RAPID SAG MILL GRINDABILITY AND MILL SIZING ANALYSIS PROGRAM by John Starkey, Jenna Hedderson, and Spencer Reeves. Presented at Comminution 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa, April 2016.
31. AN INVESTOR’S PERSPECTIVE ON BEST PRACTICES IN SAG MILL SIZING by Spencer Reeves, John Starkey, and Keith Abergel. Presented at Procemin 2015 in Santiago, Chile, October 2015.
30. TENTH ANNIVERSARY OF SAGDESIGN TESTING: PRODUCTION SUCCESSES AND DEVELOPMENT by John Starkey, Jenna Hedderson, Spencer Reeves and Michel Brissette. Presented at SAG Conference 2015 in Vancouver, Canada, September 2015.
29. ACHIEVING DESIGN PRODUCTION AT START-UP USING BEST PRACTICES – FACT OR FICTION? by John Starkey. Keynote presentation at ICCC 2015 in San Luis Potosi, Mexico, August 2015.
28. NEW PROJECT IN RUSSIA WITH SEMIAUTOGENEOUS MILL SELECTED ACCORDING TO THE RESULTS OF SAGDESIGN TESTING by Arkady Y. Senchenko, Yury V. Kulikov and John Starkey. Presented at IMPC 2014 in Santiago, Chile, October 2014.
27. GEOMETALLUGRY: NEW ACCURATE TESTWORK TO MEET REQUIRED ACCURACIES OF MINING PROJECT DEVELOPMENT by Michel Brissette, Veroljub Mihajlovic and Shaheer Sanuri. Presented at IMPC 2014 in Santiago, Chile, October 2014.
26. COMMINUTION CIRCUIT DESIGN: WHAT TEST WORK IS REQUIRED FOR A BANKABLE FEASIBILITY STUDY? by J.H. Starkey. Presented at MEI Comminution 2014 in Cape Town, SA, April 2014.
25. DESIGN SAG MILL PRODUCTION WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST: IN DAY 1 AND YEAR 1 by J.H. Starkey, Michel Brissette, Kingsley Larbi and Dave Meadows. Presented at Procemin 2013 in Santiago, Chile, October 2013.
24. SAGDESIGN – USING OPEN TECHNOLOGY FOR MILL DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENTS by J.H. Starkey and Kingsley Larbi. Presented at Procemin 2012 in Santiago, Chile, November 2012.
23. RECENT INTERNATIONAL CONCENTRATOR START-UPS by J.H. Starkey, Paul Scinto, and Dave Meadows. Presented at MEI Comminution 2012 in Cape Town, South Africa, April 2012.
22. SEEKING CONSENSUS – HOW MANY SAMPLES AND WHAT TESTWORK IS REQUIRED FOR A LOW RISK SAG CIRCUIT DESIGN by D. Meadows, P.A. Scinto and J.H. Starkey. Presented at SAG 2011 in Vancouver, September 2011.
21. SAG MILL GRINDING DESIGN VS GEOMETALLURGY – GETTING IT RIGHT FOR COMPETENT ORES by J.H. Starkey and Paul Scinto. Presented at IMPC XXV Congress in Brisbane, Australia, Sept. 9, 2010.
20. SAG kWh/t MEASURED USING A STANDARD TEST – 53 PROJECTS IN 6 YEARS by J.H. Starkey and Paul Scinto. Presented at Comminution 2010 in Cape Town, April, 2010.
19. SUCCESSFUL DESIGN OF THE NICO GRINDING CIRCUIT FOR UNUSUALLY HARD OREby J.H. Starkey and Michael Samuels. Presented at the 2010 Candaian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa. January 2010.
18. IMPACT ON GRINDING MILL DESIGN OF RECENT NEW DISCOVERIES by J.H. Starkey. Presented at the SME Symposium on Mineral Processing Plant Design in Tucson, AZ, October 2009.
17. IMPACT ON MILL DESIGN AND FLOTATION CONTROL OF NEW DISCOVERIES IN THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN MACRO AND MICRO GRINDABILITY by J.H. Starkey. Presented at COM 2009 in Sudbury, ON, August 2009.
16. NEW DISCOVERIES IN THE RELARIONSHIP BETWEEN MACRO AND MICRO GRINDABILITY by J.H. Starkey and M. Samuels, Fortune Minerals Ltd. Presented at the CIM AGM in Toronto, May 2009.
15. SAGDESIGN TESTING REVIEW – CASE STUDIESby J.H. Starkey, D. Meadows, P. Thompson and A. Senchenko. Presented at IMPC XXIV in Beijing, September 2008.
SUCCESSFULLY GOING GLOBAL Written article by C. Hersey in the CIM Magazine, December 2007/January 2008. (Draft prepared by J. Starkey).
14. COMPARISON OF ORE HARDNESS MEASUREMENTS by John Starkey and Dave Meadows. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 2007.
13. SAGDESIGN TESTING – WHAT IT IS AND WHY IT WORKS by John Starkey, Sami Hindstrom and George Nadasdy. Presented at SAG 2006 in Vancouver, October 2006.
12. ACCURATE ECONOMICAL GRINDING DESIGN by John Starkey. Presented at the IMPC XXII Congress in Cape Town, October 2003.
11. CHOOSING A SAG MILL TO ACHIEVE DESIGN PERFORMANCE by John Starkey, Sami Hindstrom and Travis Orser. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 2003.
10. GRINDING OF AGRIUM PHOSPHATE ORE IN A 3 FT. DIAMETER PILOT SAG MILL by John Starkey, Rene Carre, Richard May and Lucky Lakshmanan. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 2002.
9. DESIGN OF THE AGNICO-EAGLE LARONDE DIVISION SAG MILL by John Starkey, Jean Robitaille, Paul Cousin, James Jordan and Glenn Kosick. Presented at SAG 2001 in Vancouver, October 2001.
8. A CRITICAL REVIEW OF SAG DESIGN PROCEDURES FOR THE 21ST CENTURY by John Starkey. Presented at Comminution 01 in Brisbane, Australia, March 2001. Unpublished. This information is available as a Professional Development Seminar.
7. GRINDING CIRCUIT DESIGN AT KUBAK USING SPI AND BOND by John Starkey and Graham Holmes. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 2001.
6. GETTING MORE FROM DRILL CORE – PRELIMINARY SAG DESIGN by John Starkey. Presented at the Randol Gold Forum in Monterey, CA, May 1997.
5. GETTING MORE FROM YOUR DRILL CORE by John Starkey. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the CIM, Vancouver BC, April 1997.
4. APPLICATION OF THE MINNOVEX SAG POWER INDEX AT FIVE CANADIAN SAG PLANTS by John Starkey and Glenn Dobby. Presented at the SAG 1996 in Vancouver BC, October 1996.
3. WATER USAGE IN THE CAROL CONCENTRATOR* by J.H. Starkey and S.E. El-Alfy. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 1995. (Text not presented due to lack of relevance to SAG mill design)
2. A NEW TOOL FOR SAG HARDNESS TESTING by John Starkey, Glenn Dobby and Glenn Kosick. Presented at the Canadian Mineral Processor’s Conference in Ottawa, January 1994.
1. MODERNIZATION OF THE CAMPBELL RED LAKE MILL IN 1986* by J. Starkey and S. Roberts. Presented at the CIM Gold Conference in Winnipeg, August. 1987. (Text not presented due to lack of relevance to SAG mill design)